Bloomington Community Cancellations and Closures
Written by WZND Newsroom on March 13, 2020
Photo courtesy to the City of Bloomington Facebook page
BLOOMINGTON, Ill.- As a response to the Coronavirus, Bloomington will be canceling several events and closing down several locations.
- The Guns and Hoses hockey game at Grossinger Motors Arena, which was scheduled for March 13, is canceled.
- The Lauren Daigle show at Grossinger Motors Arena, which was scheduled for March 14, is canceled.
- The Indoor Farmers Market at Grossinger Motors Arena, which was scheduled for March 21, is canceled.
- The Bloomington Center for Performing Arts will be closed through April 12.
- The City’s Senior and S.O.A.R. programs administered through the Parks, Recreation & Cultural Arts department will be closed through April 12. This includes the Senior Center in Miller Park.
- Business travel by City employees is not permitted through April 12.
The Guns and Hoses hockey game is rescheduled for April 17 at 6:30 p.m.
People registered for Senior and S.O.A.R. programs through the Parks department will be receiving credit on their accounts for canceled programs.
People that have tickets to canceled events at the Arena and/or BCPA will be contacted with more information.
The City of Bloomington is encouraging residents to monitor McLean County Health Department, Illinois Department of Public Health and the CDC for up-to-date information on the virus and healthy practices.
The city did state, “When possible, we will work to reschedule events in the future.”